Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The target is clear

It's always easier to know what direction to go, if you know where you
have to end... a flag, a house, a light in the distance, they help you
find your way. They do not make it easier to walk, and often make you
even feel the fact that you are still far away and have to walk a lot
to get there. But they do make it easier to know where to go... but to
be honest, once I know where I have to end up, I often don't care
about the walk anymore, when actually, the walk is the only
interesting part, the goal is a lot less interesting...
Once you see the goal, you loose the possibility in your mind to find
another goal... You feel momentarily saved, but are actually locked...

If I knew the goal of my life, I would know how to live it. But it
certainly would not be as enjoyable... I would be locked in my belief
that there is only one good ending to this fantastic story...
I believe honestly that all the endings are beautiful, not what
happens matters, not how long it takes, but how you take it, and how
you look at yourself and others while you are going to your end...

August 2007, golf terrain in Etretat, France

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.