Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hammer in my hand, contemplating

November 2007, Leuven, Belgium
Sun in my face, with my best suit on, am waiting for that one and only moment... Not too soon, not too late, the bell must be rung at the right time.
I have often waited for the right time to do something. The perfect atmosphere to say something, the best mood to bring something up, the best day to try something new.
I don't want to say that for some things, that isn't the necessary and only way to do it. I want to say that I did it for a lot of things where it wasn't necessary at all, and have wasted a lot of beautiful opportunities to do something else in the meantime...
I learned this much from it... if you are not completely sure when exactly that perfect time is, and you are not completely sure that it will be better then right now, then don't wait at all. Do it right here and now.
There may be only 1 good moment to hit the bell, but it's better to hit it at a wrong time and have done a lot of good things before and after, then having hit the bell at the perfect time and not having done anything else...

No comments: